Just for today. . ....by Sybil F. Partridge



Just for today, I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle
my whole life problem at once.  I can do something for twelve hours
that would appall me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today, I will be happy.  This assumes to be true what
Abraham Lincoln said, that "most folks are as happy as
they make up their minds to be."

Just for today, I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study.
I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today, I will adjust myself to what is, and not try
to adjust everything to my own desires.  I will take my "luck"
as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today, I will exercise my soul in three ways:  I will do
somebody a good turn, and not get found out.  I will do at least
two things I don't want to do--just for exercise.  I will not show
anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt,
but today I will not show it.

Just for today, I will be agreeable.  I will look as well as I can,
dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit,
not find fault with anything and not try to improve
or regulate anybody except myself.

Just for today, I will have a program.  I may not follow
it exactly, but I will have it.  I will save myself from
two pests:  hurry and indecision.

Just for today, I will have a quiet half hour all by myself,
and relax.  During this half hour, sometime, I will try
to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today, I will be unafraid.  Especially I will not
be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe
that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode all’allegria: una poesia di Pablo Neruda

I like for you to be still ......

"He dies slowly"